Re: Using rump kernel to provide drivers?

  • From: Takumi Shimada <garasubo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pooka@xxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 15:34:48 +0900

Thank you for your kind replies.

I used TWR-LS1021A board, but it is not supported by NetBSD.
Therefore I plan to use CubieBoard2.
I also plan to use Raspberry Pi.

At firtst, I'll try to port frankenlibc to Raspberry Pi.

Thanks,
Takumi

On 29/07/15 13:00, Justin Cormack wrote:

Is the board you are porting to already supported on NetBSD? NetBSD does
not use
devicetree but this article explains the basics of how config works on Arm
http://www.netbsd.org/docs/kernel/porting_netbsd_arm_soc.html

A word of warning, though: the above document is almost entirely
irrelevant for rump kernels since pretty much all of the details at this
level are different; from configuration to building to interrupts to the
console. After all, a rump kernel is not an OS. That said, it is an
excellent tutorial on how to port NetBSD to an ARM board (wish it had
existed back when I wrote the support for evbarm/viper).