Using rump kernel to provide drivers?

  • From: Tony Zhang <yifan.zhang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 14:58:35 +0000

Hi all,

I am quite new to this project and I have downloaded and looked around in the
repo for some time. We are interested in using parts of rump kernels in our
research OS. Specifially, we'd like to add more drivers to our OS, and running
NetBSD drivers inside rumpkernels seems like a really good way to do this. From
my limited understanding, this requires that I implement some hypercalls used by
said drivers. I think I am on the right track but there seems to be more to it
so I would appreciate your thought on this. Is it viable?

Thank you
Tony