Re: Running Xen rumprun unikernels non-interactively (eg. piping rumprun -i to logger or systemd)

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 22:09:36 +0000

On 22/07/15 17:25, Martin Lucina wrote:

Hi all,

I've just submitted a patch to upstream Xen which will be of interest to
rumprun users who want to run "rumprun -i" non-interactively, ie. without
stdin and piping stdout to eg. logger. This also allows you to trivially
run a rumprun unokernel as a systemd service.

Cool, that is definitely a useful improvement for folks who want to (semi-)automatically provision a large number of rumprun unikernels and still keep track of what they are doing.

I assume your motivation for the integration with systemd is to start services as a set of unikernels when a host boots up.

That said, I wonder if -i should not be called -i. Enabling the use of interactive mode non-interactively is, um, weird ;)