Re: PHP package issues

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: drakain@xxxxxxxxx, Martin Lucina <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 00:15:00 +0000

On 13/07/15 23:44, Brian G. wrote:

The latest rumprun has resolved the issue.

Ah, awesome. So for the record, I think what was happening is that php was assuming that memory-mapped scripts will be nil-terminated strings per mmap zero-filling the memory between (file-end,pagesize], and that didn't hold for our previous mmap emulation. It's arguably a weird programming approach -- they still need to handle the case where the script length is a multiple of pagesize -- but anyway. The lack of nil-termination then led to some weird behavior, such as things getting fixed by adding whitespace characters into the scripts.

As a side-note, it would be nice if we could tell autoconf "we prefer that you don't use mmap for file i/o". Not sure how to best realize that even assuming we could introduce changes to autoconf itself. Thoughts? (change subject line if you have thoughts)