Re: Needed for EC2 - ext2 support

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 11:10:48 +0000

On 25/07/15 10:48, Andrew Stuart wrote:

So I guess my start point question is “what needs to be configured to use ext2
file system”? Ideally the answer is “nothing, it’s all configured by default
and set to go”. Martin Lucina sent this email on 13th of June, saying that the
default configurations don’t include ext2fs and I believe something needs to be
set in rumpbake to enable it?

Ah, so you're not running into problems.

ext2 was added exactly a month ago to the default rumpbake configuration:
https://github.com/rumpkernel/rumprun/commit/ff3170bf262830f8de590d88cd5947c296ef91ff#diff-868a651cd2fd77480d5965b1299abe47

In summary, what do I need to do to make ext2 work, and can the rumprun default
configuration be changed so nothing needs to be done?

Try it out and post any problems you run into.