Re: [MirageOS-devel] MirageOS on rumprun now with networking and HTTP

  • From: Martin Lucina <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 18:25:42 +0200

On Saturday, 20.06.2015 at 11:57, Thomas Leonard wrote:

On 15 June 2015 at 11:56, Martin Lucina <martin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday, 12.06.2015 at 16:40, Thomas Leonard wrote:
I also tested mirage-skeleton/console, which worked but ran rather
fast (it's supposed to wait 1s between each print). Calling
gettimeofday showed the clock running fast for some reason.

I've logged issues rumprun/#30 (clock runs fast) and rumprun/#31 (no
rtc/wall time on hw/kvm), so that we don't forget and users see it's a
known problem.

Thanks!

Wow, timekeeping is *complicated*. See the full discussion at
//www.freelists.org/post/rumpkernel-users/Implement-timekeeping-for-rumprunhw-x86

Any testing will be much appreciated. You will need to pull the latest
rumprun and opam-rumprun master and rebuild the ocaml-rumprun toolchain
from scratch due to other changes in the rumprun toolchain.

I will continue to improve the timekeeping code, especially with with
better support for KVM (pvclock).

Martin