Re: Make rumpbake more flexible

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:00:50 +0000

On 27/08/15 10:54, Wei Liu wrote:

Also editing the config file requires users to understand the
implementation of rumpbake. Arguably it's just a simple shell script but
I don't think end user should really know that much about that.

??? rumpbake.conf is just a list of components. I can't see how editing it
requires knowing how the contents will be processed.

That requires understanding of specific syntax of that list.

Do you propose some different syntax? I don't know how you can expect to edit a config file without knowing what the config file specifies. Please give an example, I simply don't understand which problem you are referring to.