Re: Make rumpbake more flexible

  • From: Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 12:07:43 +0100

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 11:00:50AM +0000, Antti Kantee wrote:

On 27/08/15 10:54, Wei Liu wrote:
Also editing the config file requires users to understand the
implementation of rumpbake. Arguably it's just a simple shell script but
I don't think end user should really know that much about that.

??? rumpbake.conf is just a list of components. I can't see how editing it
requires knowing how the contents will be processed.

That requires understanding of specific syntax of that list.

Do you propose some different syntax? I don't know how you can expect to
edit a config file without knowing what the config file specifies. Please
give an example, I simply don't understand which problem you are referring
to.

No, I don't propose different syntax. Documenting syntax of
rumpbake.conf is fine. At the moment is not clearly documented. One has
to look into implementation to know how to edit that.

For example, how would a user know what arguments add_config expect,
what "rumprun-hw" means etc.

Wei.