Re: Make rumpbake more flexible

  • From: Martin Lucina <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 12:02:13 +0200

On Thursday, 27.08.2015 at 10:56, Wei Liu wrote:

Hi all

Currently all targets of rumpbake are hardcoded. That means I can't
control what rump components are linked in to the final binary. That's
not very desirable for power users. Being the first one to have such
needs I can certainly foresee other users in the future want to do the
same.

I would like to make rumpbake more flexible. That could be done by
either getting rid of the positional arguments or making it accept user
provided config file.

The syntax of rumpbake being experimental means we can get away with any
breakage at this stage.

Thoughts?

This is one of the questions that came up at my talk at the Xen summit:
"How do you determine which rump components you need to run X?"

My answer was that normal users should not have to care and get the
"kitchen sink" by default. If you want to change the defaults, you can edit
app-tools/rumpbake.conf to your liking.

Is there something in particular that you need which is not covered by
editing the configuration file?