Re: Launching C userland code with rumprun

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 12:40:56 +0000

On 21/06/15 12:12, David CARLIER wrote:

Hi and thanks in advance for the help.

I compiled a C code of my own with static version of PCRE library, then
"baked" it. This C code needs a file input which i put inside an ISO.

Then I used rumprun and had still trouble with qemu, had bunch of pagefault
error issued. It is solved now but I have still trouble to launch via
Linux/xen like this

rumprun xen -d -i -b jsons.iso,/jsons -- app.bin.xen /jsons/sample.json

Then I get an infinite page caller <address> ... displayed and after some
minutes that hang, very hard to shut it down or even getting out of the
console (Sorry in advance I never used Xen before so I m pretty ignorant).

You say it's C code of your own. Are you confident that it's correct? Did you try running it as a normal userspace binary under valgrind? I often find the most bugs in my own code ... ;)

Can you copypaste the exact error message?

Generally, I find debugging with the xen platform harder than debugging with hw because gdbsx seems very temperamental. If you can repeat the errors under qemu, it's easy to track them down. (nb. rumprun kvm is horrible for debugging with gdb, but rumprun qemu works perfectly)