Re: Errors launching on EC2

  • From: Andrew Stuart <andrew.stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pooka@xxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 11:59:24 +1000

This field changed so that it could properly handle hd/sd/xvd as expected by
Xen (which was a problem specifically on EC2!).

OK thanks I’m checking it out.

One minor thing to note - this is the configuration that rumprun dumps:

{,
"blk" : {,
"source": "etfs",
"path": "xvda",
"fstype": "cd9660",
"mountpoint": "/",
},
"net" : {,
"if": "xenif0",
"cloner": "true",
"type": "inet",
"method": "dhcp",
},
"blk" : {,
"source": "dev",
"path": "virtual",
"fstype": "kernfs",
"mountpoint": "/kern",
},
"cmdline": "hiawatha_baked.xen -d -c /data/conf",
},

It’s “almost JSON” - doesn’t pass JSON lint http://jsonlint.com/ so I have a
small Python script which reads it and outputs it as clean JSON.

I got tripped up because there are duplicate “blk” keys, so my Python script
output JSON dropped one of the “blk” fields. http://jsonlint.com/ also drops
the duplicate keys.

It appears ambiguous as to whether duplicate keys are allowed in JSON - see
discussion here.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21832701/does-json-syntax-allow-duplicate-keys-in-an-object

Doesn’t worry me now I know to look out for it but it might trip others up. And
probably trip me up again in the future when I’ve forgotten that detail :-)

as