Re: Errors launching on EC2

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 12:01:14 +0000

On 26/07/15 07:32, Andrew Stuart wrote:

Hmmm….. any ideas welcome on this - am I configuring something wrong?

Yes, you are assuming that the config json is a stable format. If you want to be safe, you need to regenerate it with the rumprun tool every time after you upgrade rumprun.

I can get the simple.c rump kernel to boot on EC2 where there is no block
device attached.

Where I attach a block device and try to use the Hiawatha server it doesn’t
work.

It’s saying:
unsupported devtype blk0
rumprun: etfs register for "blk0" failed: 6

This field changed so that it could properly handle hd/sd/xvd as expected by Xen (which was a problem specifically on EC2!).