Re: EC2 launch script feedback valued.

  • From: "Brian G." <drakain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andrew.stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 18:46:34 -0400

Just offering a hand here -- if anyone wants to do something unusual with
git like merge two repos together or break one repo into two, let me know
and I'll do it.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Andrew Stuart <
andrew.stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK I’ll poke it around a little more and improve and see if I can get it
onto GitHub and investigate Martin’s suggestion of using image import.

as

On 4 Aug 2015, at 12:22 am, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3 Aug 2015, at 12:51, Justin Cormack <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 3 August 2015 at 12:37, Andrew Stuart
<andrew.stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Any feedback from anyone?

If not, what should I do from here - add it to the wiki, put it
somewhere on github? There’s been a few updates but largely its intact.

github please... I am just looking at this today and copying scripts
out of emails is not very easy, and I dont really know which bits need
customising.

There do appear to be ways to create images without using an EC2
machine to do it.

I am doing a tutorial in a couple of weeks and thinking I will use EC2
as its perhaps the most accessible, although havent decided yet.

Likewise, I'm keen to try this but am having trouble piecing together
the scripts from a post-vacation email backlog :-)

If you could put it on GitHub, I'm also happy to prod at it and see
if we can replace the MirageOS scripts with these more elaborate ones.

-anil

--
-Brian G.