Re: EC2 launch script feedback valued.

  • From: Andrew Stuart <andrew.stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>, Justin Cormack <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 07:27:48 +1000

OK I’ll poke it around a little more and improve and see if I can get it onto
GitHub and investigate Martin’s suggestion of using image import.

as

On 4 Aug 2015, at 12:22 am, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3 Aug 2015, at 12:51, Justin Cormack <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3 August 2015 at 12:37, Andrew Stuart
<andrew.stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Any feedback from anyone?

If not, what should I do from here - add it to the wiki, put it somewhere on
github? There’s been a few updates but largely its intact.

github please... I am just looking at this today and copying scripts
out of emails is not very easy, and I dont really know which bits need
customising.

There do appear to be ways to create images without using an EC2
machine to do it.

I am doing a tutorial in a couple of weeks and thinking I will use EC2
as its perhaps the most accessible, although havent decided yet.

Likewise, I'm keen to try this but am having trouble piecing together
the scripts from a post-vacation email backlog :-)

If you could put it on GitHub, I'm also happy to prod at it and see
if we can replace the MirageOS scripts with these more elaborate ones.

-anil