Re: EC2 launch script feedback valued.

  • From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 15:22:22 +0100

On 3 Aug 2015, at 12:51, Justin Cormack <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3 August 2015 at 12:37, Andrew Stuart
<andrew.stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Any feedback from anyone?

If not, what should I do from here - add it to the wiki, put it somewhere on
github? There’s been a few updates but largely its intact.

github please... I am just looking at this today and copying scripts
out of emails is not very easy, and I dont really know which bits need
customising.

There do appear to be ways to create images without using an EC2
machine to do it.

I am doing a tutorial in a couple of weeks and thinking I will use EC2
as its perhaps the most accessible, although havent decided yet.

Likewise, I'm keen to try this but am having trouble piecing together
the scripts from a post-vacation email backlog :-)

If you could put it on GitHub, I'm also happy to prod at it and see
if we can replace the MirageOS scripts with these more elaborate ones.

-anil