Re: EC2 launch script feedback valued.

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 11:52:08 +0000

On 03/08/15 11:37, Andrew Stuart wrote:

Any feedback from anyone?

Sorry, meant to try it out, but failed to get around to it.

The first order of business is getting rid of the hardcoded json, because it's an absolute usability showstopper! See what the rumprun iso target does. That approach should more or less just work, but you need to edit lib/librumprun_base/rumpconfig.c::getcmdlinefromroot() to mount your root block device.

Second, did you try out the tool which Martin quoted? It sounded like that tool could hugely simplify your script.

If not, what should I do from here - add it to the wiki, put it somewhere on
github? There’s been a few updates but largely its intact.

We should eventually aim to get it into the rumprun directory. I have a dislike for temporary repositories, so I think just posting to the list is fine for this stage. In case a large number of people suddenly want to collaborate on improving the script, it can probably go into the rumprun directory as experimental as soon as the hardcoded-json bit is fixed.

thanks,
antti