Re: Amazon EC2 support now in Rumprun

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:46:38 +0000

On 20/08/15 00:36, Andrew Stuart wrote:

thanks go to Andrew

That’s nice of you to say I do appreciate it - it was many, many hours of
fiddling

I don't doubt that it was many many hours of fiddling. It's amazing how perfectly they managed to recreate the device driver development experience of hitting your head against a black box until either the box breaks or you pass out.

If you feel like fiddling quite a few hours more, ec2ivol support could happen. It might involve contacting people and asking where in the pvgrub kernel address 0x1310fc is (where the divide-by-zero happens). But of course it's better to start that investigation by first repeating the problem. Amazon hasn't made that too easy either, since at least I had to copypaste some weird security policies to get ec2ivol to even manage to complete the image upload. But YMMV (and I hope it does).