Re: 82801G_HDA in hdaudiodevs

  • From: Robert Millan <rmh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pooka@xxxxxx, rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 15:06:09 +0200

El 14/06/15 a les 14:17, Antti Kantee ha escrit:

While on the subject, I've also noticed that the hdaudio driver doesn't work
under qemu or virtualbox, not sure if it's as simple as adding something to
hdaudiodevs or if something more profound required. (It's not really a problem
with emulators, though, since I just use the ac97 device).

Noticed that, too.

Judging by the difficulties in making auich(8) Rump-friendly on emulated
hardware,
I suspect other drivers are highly likely to be affected by similar problems.

This is in fact one of the conclussions reached in my Bachelor Thesis, c.f. [1]
for details.

[1] http://upcommons.upc.edu/pfc/bitstream/2099.1/25316/1/104462.pdf, page 41

--
Robert Millan