[rsc] travel line item

  • From: Kathie de Nobriga <kdenobriga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:40:27 -0400

Eleanor,
just to clarify your travel line item --- I projected a figure, based on our preliminary plan for taking the train. Driving was more expensive, but we'll adjust our figures, and move on! this is one reason we have a contingency line item.....not to worry! All things considered, for a project with a lot of moving pieces, in an uncertain environment, Stephen et al. did a good job in managing costs.

At 12:50 PM -0700 4/1/09, Eleanor Brownfield wrote:
Thank you, Kathie, for lining this up for us.

I apologize to everyone for not paying enough attention to the budget figures when we were planning for New Orleans. I did not realize until I looked at the Excel sheet Stephen sent out that my travel mileage reimbursement was about twice what was budgeted for travel.

When Stephen called me to talk about the allocation of funds, I told him that I felt my participation, especially in the planning, but also because I was not in New Orleans until Friday night, was not as much as I had wanted or hoped it would be. Therefore, I felt that he had done the lion's share of the work and should get a larger fee. I did ask that the fact I took a day off from my paid work to be there be recognized with a fee of $100.

That is how he presented it, but now I think it would be better to forego the fee amount and apply it to the travel to make us come in closer to the budget and to be more equitable in how the money is distributed.

I am looking forward to getting greater clarity about the Atlanta events in June. Many thanks. ; } Eleanor B

Crush defeatism!
Insist on joy in spite of everything.
Dream of a world without need.
Together we are stronger than greed and fear.
YES, WE CAN!