[rsc] notes from Friday, 4-3-09 Conference Call

  • From: "Sheila Kerrigan" <kerrigan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 20:07:43 -0400

Attached are notes from the Friday RSC conference call.

Here below is a short version of notes from Friday's RSC conference call:

Report from New Orleans Learning Exchange: The Learning Exchange in New
Orleans was successful. Two questions have emerged.

One question is about finalizing the payments, fees & reimbursing everyone.
This needs to be part of a larger discussion of budget.

Second question: What is RSC looking for in terms of documentation for New
Orleans & Orangeburg, etc.?

Report on Learning Exchange April 17 & 18:  Orangeburg, SC:

Gwylene: Shon Ebony Kim and Delvina met. Exchange is during the festival.
Friday we have breakfast with some key members of the community who will be
part of the Learning Exchange. We have a short performance Friday evening by
Ebony & Shon.

9:30-1:30 on Saturday is the Learning Exchange. Four hours. We have another
call Ebony Shon Hope & Gwylene. Shon has developed a flyer that will be
distributed. Bridging the Gap Between University and Community. We want to
have a community member to work with us all along so we would be introduced
with people in the community and there is a woman who will be doing that and
we will meet with her Thursday & she will be at the Friday Learning
Exchange. Hope is doing documentation and evaluation.

The budget needs to be reviewed. What is our freedom?

Kathie: The proposed budget was sent out last month. We have flexibility
with it. I would suggest that we assign each learning exchange team and let
them divide it up however they want to.

Gwylene: after Monday, I can send you a budget about Orangeburg.

There is more conversation about how RSC allocates and spends and tracks
money that we will continue in our June retreat.

For now, each team will figure out how much to pay the lead, host, shadow
and co-facilitators. People will submit receipts for travel. There will be a
per diem to help with the cost of eating when the Learning Exchange does not
feed the facilitators.

*  April 25 : Carpetbag: Gwylene Gallimard, Paula Larke, Margo Miller

Gwylene: The date is May 15 & May 16. Carpetbag hasn't had enough time to
prepare. Margo is trying to understand the RSC piece. Margo will spend some
time working on that question.

*  Richmond: Laura Schandelmeir, Ebony Golden, Trey Hart

Laura: no new information

*  Annual Meeting: Trey, Hart & Priscilla:  are you getting the
participation you need?

We have no insight as far as how much RSC will be participating on the
Annual Meeting plan. There are Wednesday night calls. They are rolling
along.. The workgroup is waiting for a coordinator.

*  o   Input from all about agenda items for the June RSC Retreat   --
confirm participation so we can arrange housing.

The learning exchange is Saturday. The Retreat is Friday, and maybe part of
Sunday. it is about Artist to artist and artist to community partnership. We
may be able to use the materials prepared for a previous Atlanta Learning
Exchange that only a few people came to. Eleanor will construct a
questionnaire to find out what Atlanta people would be interested in
learning about.

Kathie and Gwylene will co-organize; need to confirm local coordinator
(could double as Learning Exchange host). We need Carlton to look at the
grant proposal as amended after we were allocated $5,000 to see how long the
weekend needs to be. We want a team that is diverse to lead.

June retreat agenda:

*  Discuss evaluation

*  follow up Learning Exchanges

*  Look at how we document

*  discuss pay, magenta path

*  plan for increasing diversity of participation among facilitators

*  Look at ROOTS strategic plan

*  Annual meeting

Best,

Sheila Kerrigan

kerrigan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2310 Stansbury Rd

Chapel Hill NC 27516

919-929-1624

Check out my book, The Performer's Guide to the Collaborative Process:

www.collaborativecreativity.com

www.heinemanndrama.com/products/E00311.aspx

JPEG image