[rsc] Re: Fwd: the forth request for assistance

  • From: "Sheila Kerrigan" <kerrigan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 17:26:10 -0400

Dear Carlton, and all, I figured that somebody had responded to Ashley
Milburn already. I have told him I will call him when I get back from
Charleston next week. I would like to see the information he sent, if you
could email it to me. I will report to RSC what we talk about.

Also, I have received a request from the Chatham County Arts Council in
central NC for RSC to conduct a learning exchange like the Gatherings at the
Crossroads. They would like to invite other arts councils in this region. I
will talk to them, too, and report back about what they are thinking of.

And, the Charlotte Gathering at the Crossroads weekend was close to magical,
thanks to the efforts of host-facilitator April Turner, and shadow and
community visual art facilitator Jeff Mather. The people who came were
totally the right people. We created a resource map, made art together in a
collaborative and non-oppressive way, had a story circle about racism in our
community, built bridges, shed tears, and bonded. Everybody got an idea
about ROOTS, RSC, C/APP; and everybody said they want to join and come to
the Annual Meeting. We'll see who comes.

Best,

Sheila Kerrigan

kerrigan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2310 Stansbury Rd

Chapel Hill NC 27516

919-929-1624

Check out my book, The Performer's Guide to the Collaborative Process:

www.collaborativecreativity.com

www.heinemanndrama.com/products/E00311.aspx

  _____

From: Ashley Milburn <milburn.ashley@xxxxxxxxx>

Date: June 10, 2008 1:57:35 AM EDT (CA)

To: hopeclark@xxxxxxx

Subject: the forth request for assistance

Ms. Clark

I have been trying to arrange to host Resources for Social Change Workshop
in Baltimore, Maryland for some time with requests for information. The last
time I had the opportunity to talk to someone in your organization, I was
told that you were havomg problems with staffing.

I have sent along, on two separte occasions, supportive documents concerning
the social change project I had initiated centering around what residents
call, The Highway to Nowhere. Again, I am requesting information and
consideration to host a workshop. I am, again, including supportive material
outlining our needs. I am hopeful that one day I will make contact with
someone in your organization who will be able to assist us. This will be the
forth time that I have made this request.

Please, review the link below:

http://www.motionbox.com/videos/7c9ad0be1117e1f4

Ashley Milburn
Cultural Activist, OSI Fellow,
Fusion Partnership Member

--
Peace
Carlton Turner

"love is all around, take some for yourself, pass it round, when it comes
back round you'll see what is real, by the way you feel, the things you say,
the things you do, your backyard is calling you"
       -M.U.G.A.B.E.E. "Backyard Rituals" (unreleased)
            http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/399225

JPEG image

GIF image