[rollei_list] Re: yellow cast on Rollei CR-200 slide film

  • From: Bigler Emmanuel <bigler@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:35:13 +0100

Le 20/03/2013 11:39, Chris Burck a écrit :

Emmanuel,

I'm just speculating here, but it sounds like your issue with the aviphot
chrome may be a question of the lab not having correct test strips (I
believe that's the correct term).  Or they may not get enough of that
particular film to run an entire batch, so they're mixing it in with a
batch of  another film type, such as velvia, with a different color balance
resulting in your film being processed in a machine that is no t calibrated
properly for your film.

Yes, it could be an explanation, but I've sent the same type of Rollei
CR-200 film to 2 different labs (in 2 different European countries)
together with Fuji Provia and got the same yellow cast. So if it is a
test strip problem, those 2 different labs have the same behaviour
with this film.

I must add that I had sent to one of those labs a few rolls of regular
AGFACHROME 200, not the aerial film, and got no yellow cast.

But any explanation is welcome, I have too few CR-200 films exposed
ans processed to have a good basis to solve this clue. Apparently I'm
not the only one to have this problem of yellow cast with some batches Rollei CR-200 both in 135 and 120.

You can look at this discussion on the US large format forum, where a
German user mentions the problem and brings his own conclusions ..
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?100081-Is-Rollei-CR-200-slide-film-aka-Aviphot-Chrome-200-sliide-film-quot-Yellow-quot

--
Emmanuel