[rollei_list] Re: why I'm not digital -( just for interest)

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:36:59 -0700

By providing a tensioning dissonance. Every time there is a shift in photographic materials, a small group seems to go back to the old forms.
I even saw images from a wet plate shoot in a fashion magazine some time ago.
Heck, there's still a flat Earth society somewhere, other than the vatican.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center
http://sdimitrovphoto.com

On Apr 14, 2006, at 7:16 PM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

Slobo,

Pray tell me HTF mercury vapours would help me to use digital
photography?

Jerry

Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:

True photography is with hot mercury vapors.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center
http://sdimitrovphoto.com

On Apr 14, 2006, at 1:32 PM, Don Williams wrote:

At 07:20 PM 4/11/2006 -0700, Jerry wrote:
Marc,

Yes, I sorta agree.  I am a 77 year old photographer who would go
digital, but it is tough to run Photoshop on my pre-Pentium 486
computer, running Windows 3.1 with 64 meg of RAM.

Any suggestions or contributions for hardware or software?

Jerry

Jerry,

You can get a very good computer, monitor, and printer at Fry's for
less than the cost of just about any Rollei or lens on the market.
You should just get a decent computer and go at it.

I started with a $99 digital, now completely obsolete, and then got
a very nice Digital SLR which serves me well.

My wife got a 6 Mp point and shoot at CostCo which has almost the
same flexibility as my Digital SLR.  (And it fits in a shirt pocket)

Give it a try and then draw your own conclusions.

I won't disagree with those on this list who feel that only
chemical-based photography is "true photography", but I do know
that with our new systems I get a lot more shots to pick from, more
flexibility in picking what I want to save, and a heck of a lot
more free time using digital systems.

Don Williams La Jolla, CA

--- Rollei List