[rollei_list] Re: [was: yellow cast] and now: Don's Agfacolor slides, Europe, 1963

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 16:01:06 -0700

Don et al.

Lots of my non-Kodachrome slides are older than the early 60's Some go back to the 40's

Some Ektachromes are faded blue, some are faded brown or pink.
Some are still perfect!!

A lot of Anscochromes are very good. I processed them myself (120 and sheet film)

All my old Kodachromes are perfect, (not necessarily perfectly exposed, my fault, but unfaded

My fathers Dufaycolor still looks good.  Pre-WW2

Ooops, I just ran into a batch of Anscocolor slides that look they were bleached. Taken in 1957.

Jerry

On 3/22/2013 3:34 PM, Don Williams wrote:
At 03:56 AM 3/22/2013, you wrote:
Changing subject, I'd like Don to elaborate on how his collection of
non-Kodachrome slides from the early sixties have been ageing and how
they look 50 years later.

Let me dig them out. I also have a large box of stuff from my dad that is about that old.

He also left me an Exakta VXIIa and an EXA with interchangeable viewfinders, lenses, and a slide copier. They still work, even the self timer and/or shutter delay. I should sell that kit to some Exakta collector.

DAW