[rollei_list] Re: [was: yellow cast] and now: Don's Agfacolor slides, Europe, 1963

  • From: Bigler Emmanuel <bigler@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:56:46 +0100

Le 22/03/2013 03:34, Don Williams a écrit :
At 04:28 PM 3/21/2013, you wrote:

Don, when you refer to it as Agfacolor, I believe you mean it as a
slide film? If so, it would be called Agfachrome in the States.
(and I was a great fan of Agfachrome). John

Whatever it was called it was transparency film in The Netherlands.
I have a great many such 120 slides in storage and since many are
not mounted I suspect the film type will show up along the edge.
I'll check. I have the best ones mounted in ANR glass mounts.
Thanks, DAW

Changing subject, I'd like Don to elaborate on how his collection of
non-Kodachrome slides from the early sixties have been ageing and how
they look 50 years later.

At home my father switched to 35 mm color photography and Kodachrome
slides in 1963 (in fact like for many amateurs, Kodachrome pushed them
to switch to 35 mm photography and abandon their 120 rolls in B&W),
but he tested a few other brands of color slides available in France
in the sicxties. As far as I remember, most the other slides have
'suffered', at least I mean, their colors have faded or got an
horrible magenta cast ... the worse being in my memory a roll of
Ferraniacolor, fading a few years after being exposed and processed.

--
Emmanuel