[rollei_list] Re: totally off list Revox ?

  • From: "Dan Kalish" <kaliushkin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Rollei Users Group" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:48:56 -0400

> From: "Ruben" <ruben@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [rollei_list] Re: totally off list Revox ?
> Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 00:04:46 +0200
>

> Richard
> I have a confession
> I also have a A77 - got it very cheap less than 100 USD  - it records and
> play backs very well but one of the VU meters is constantly passed the in
> the red zone!
> Do you have any Idea what that could be ???
> all the best
> Ruben
> >>
> >   Your question has been answered by others. I understand
> > about the Revox. I made a decent living for a while
> > rebuilding and modifying Revox A-77 machines. I never
> > actually owned one:-)\
> > ---
> > Richard Knoppow
> > Los Angeles, CA, USA
> > dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just as there are places and individuals who repair Rolleis, there are
places and indivuals that repair reel-to-reel tape decks, sometimes with
emphasis on a brand or two, such as Revox.

When I bought a Tandberg (7") in 2000, I called a fellow in Florida.  His
knowledge of these machines is impressive.

I can't find his name, phone number, etc. but that's what surfing the
internet is for.  Find a place or two and give them a call.  They might
answer a freebie question.

Dan