[rollei_list] Re: to Michael Eric.

  • From: littlwing5@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 04:48:52 +0000

First off, I just want to let you know that I've been following the rollie list
for nearly four years now,  and I've probably posted a total of 5 times if
that. This is the first post since my last which was about two years ago. I
must say that in my opinion your post hit it right on the nose. SPOT ON. I am
just a humble photographer myself who has shot with a 2.8 F an M2, 4x5, various
film slr's  and now with a D200. I love shooting with film for play but to keep
with the pace of todays standards in the retail part of the photo biz, this is
where digital shines. Digital does have its flaws, but when you have deadlines
to meet and the studio is waiting for your day's work, film is just
impractical.  I'm not bashing film or digital either, I'm just speaking from my
experiences and I can completely relate to what you've said about digital
feeding your family. Don't have a family yet myself, but digital definitely
gets my job done and pays my bills too. I just have to keep reminding myself
that a lot of posters here are not WORKING photographers like you and I and to
put up with such rubbish about digital vs film is just unprofessional and I
DON'T mean you. After reading what you had to share with us, it compelled me so
much that I had to write this myself. I think you just became my own personal
jesus christ. Thanks for sharing with us a slice of reality from a working
photographer's viewpoint.
Happy shooting.
Regards,
Michael Eric Sta. Maria