[rollei_list] Re: the pleasures of Rolleiflex

  • From: Robert Lilley <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 16:48:02 -0400

I guess the industry has come a long way since the days of the HP 'Thinkjets' and "Deskjets' in the 1980's and the huge Mona Lisa made up of dot matrix numbers produced by the Control Data Corp in 1964. Who would have thunk it - inkjet rivals and beats out Cibachrome! Its kinda like watching the Wright Brothers taking on the Pennsylvania Railroad.

Rob
On Aug 2, 2009, at 4:15 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

Cibachromes were so - er, well, my father. Ink Jet, hmm. Is this the
same as that French word stuff that I can't pronounce or spell that
gallery owners use as they look down their nose at you?  Perhaps not
you per-say.

Rob

The French word turned out to be one of the more popular slag swear words in Europe. The use of that word, Glicee, has been given up. Only on a couple of
stupid internet galleries.

"Inkjet" is used in real galleries.

And "pigment ...." I saw used at the AIPAD Photography Show at the at the
Park Avenue Armory.

Ask your kids they are probably using one right now.

Mark William Rabiner