[rollei_list] Re: the pleasures of Rolleiflex

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 19:07:32 +0100

I am by no means an expert on B&W, as soon as I could afford colour I changed over and have only used a handful of B&W films since. I have not printed B&W since I was using it for photographing flow visualisation patterns on wind tunnel models, probably not since 1982 or so. My knowledge of B&W photography does not really qualify me to be any judge, sorry.

Best regards,
Frank

On 2 Aug, 2009, at 18:37, Ken Frazier wrote:

On Sun, 2009-08-02 at 18:00 +0100, Frank Dernie wrote:
These are perfectly good reasons to keep using film!
best regards,
Frank

Thanks, Frank,

I have a 30D, with several good lenses, and a G9, and use both of them,
for certain applications and under certain circumstances.  I'm not a
total Luddite, yet. :-)

And, I know, for me, there are some requirements for shooting and
printing color that I don't face when dealing with b&w.  I know I can
"get away" with a degree less sharpness and resolution when shooting and
printing b&w.  Color, IME, is more demanding in order to get what I
would regard as an acceptable print.

Have you found that to be true?

peace,

Ken