[rollei_list] strap news

  • From: Craig Roberts <crgrbrts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:48:09 -0400

I don't have the answer to Jeffery's query about the interchangeabilty of GX and 6008 straps -- but his question reminded me of a lesson I learned yesterday about SL66 straps.

I bought a new Rollei web strap by mail order for my SL66 to replace the old leather one (I don't trust old leather to support a valuable camera, or a heavy camera, or a valuable, heavy camera). The strap was advertised as having lugs for the SL66 attached and I paid a premium for it. Well, the lugs didn't fit the SL66 at all. They're actually the type that fits the TLRs. Fortunately, I was able to simply cut the lugs off my old leather strap and thread them onto the new one. Of course, had I thought of it, I could simply have ordered the new strap without lugs to begin with and saved some bucks. Whooda thunk?

If anyone needs a set of new strap lugs for a TLR (you'll have to provide the strap), let me know and I'll send them to you free of charge.

Craig Roberts
Washington, DC