[rollei_list] size of Pentax ME/MX compared to Leica M

  • From: Dave Wyman <davewyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 01:03:22 -0800

 >Yet, this combination is very sought after by
mountaineers and hikers (as step up from the Rollei 35).<

It took me about 25 years to do it,  but I managed to burn through four
MX bodies  - mostly on hikes in the Sierra Nevada in California - than
I can count, now. The MX was an incredible camera. I'm not sure it was
a step up from the Rollei 35. The latter camera has as sharp lens, the
camera is certainly rugged - more so than the MX - and is wonderfully
rugged, as well as simple to operate. While a mountaineers could weigh
themselves down with accessories for the MX, there is much to extra to
carry with the Rollei 35. My own Rollei 35s are still going strong,
while my MXs are kaput.

Dave
--
http://www.davewyman.com
http://www.idrivebackroads.com (Guidebook to Northern California)

This mail is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are
to be considered flaws or defects.