[rollei_list] Re: silliness

  • From: Jerry Friedman <tinycameraco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:37:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Peter:

I have no idea why you should think that this is a silly argument despite the
fact that everything you say is obvious and certainly true. What? Are we to
give up one of our favorite pastimes? What would you have us do? Whinny about
the differences between Leica and Contax or shimmy between Japanese glass and
German glass?? Clearly, THIS is a debate that has the merit of time, even if it
lacks sense. How else might we justify that we spent too much money on a
Xenotar or a Planar if we can not decry the other's obviously foolish purchase
of the other?

Your points are all well taken and well understood by all of us. Understood by
all of us, I say, ......almost as much as we understand...... how much better
Planars are than Xenotars. :>)

Jerry F.

http://mail.yahoo.com