[rollei_list] Re: shooting with a rollei today

  • From: "Ruben" <ruben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 01:37:25 +0200

I have no problem shooting with my Rollei commercially

Tell people that it is one of the finest optics ever made and that it will make
them,  their product or their building look great and tell them that some of
the most famous photographers like Avedon and Newton used it. Tell them that
you can not get any hooter retrowise that to use a Rollei.

For candids it is great because you can allmost use it without people noticing
the camera from its "belly" position and while I have been close several times
to get into trouble with my canon gear i have nver meet anyone with an negative
attidtude towards my Rolleis

somtimes you whant to shoot at places that would need you to ask politly first
and risk getting a no - approachin peoples proberty with the Rollei - usually
you get a smile and a comment - "what a fine old camera" and then you ask if
you can shoot there lovely "whatever" you had in mind and you will almost
always get a yeas and a smile

good luck shooting with your Rolleiflex and remember that with an iso 50 or 100
slidefilm your Rollei provide more image quality than a 30.000 dollar digital
back :-)