[rollei_list] Re: shimming maxwell screens

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:01:53 -0400

I would not trust the Bill Maxwell/ Dymo tape shimming method to be
foolproof and/or accurate. While the late/great Steve Grimes installed
a Beattie on my 2.8C a few years ago, he said you cannot trust cameras
of this vintage to be consistent enough so that shimming without
direct measurement and collimation is reliable.

Eric Goldstein