[rollei_list] Re: scanners.

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:49:26 -0800

At 04:44 PM 12/20/2005 -0800, Richard wrote:


Congratulations on discovering a word I can not find in the OED. I am pretty sure this is a legit word, derived from _roil_: to stir up; to make muddy; to _irritate_. I am, in fact, enroiled that I can not find this word. And further so by so-called web dictionaries that tell me that I want _enrolled_. I _know_ what I want, and one of those things is ENROILED!

I don't use a dictionary because I know all the words I normally use and don't use words I don't know, however why does everyone keep using all these technical terms? I saw another technical word on another camera list, the word was "looooong" and it referred to a lens. It's another word I have never heard before.

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA
I'm only stubborn when I'm sure I'm right.

Other related posts: