[rollei_list] Re: [rolleiusers] Two eyes/four eyes

  • From: Robert Meier <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 15:13:51 -0500 (CDT)

Sanders, what do you mean "the last rolls"? That sounds very ominous.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 5, 2015, at 5:12 PM, Sanders McNew <sanders@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The focusing diopters in your Rollei, I believe, are essentially
reading-glasses lenses. I figured this out as I was running the last rolls
through my Rolleiflexes. You might want to buy several pairs in different
powers and see which work best for focusing.

Best,

Sanders

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 5, 2015, at 5:21 PM, Thor Legvold tlegvold@xxxxxx [rolleiusers]
<rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For those of you who wear glasses,

my optician just updated my prescription and recommended that I use
“progressive” lenses. He says I should have a correction both for distance
and for close up (reading) due to astigmatism (my main problem is myopia).

However after talking with a few retailers while looking for a new pair of
glasses, one suggested that for photography (which is where I find it most
difficult lately, especially getting things in focus - with glasses doesn’t
work, and without is better, but not by much) I should have reading glasses,
using the “close range” prescription values for the entire glass, and use
these for photography, working in front of the computer, reading, etc. Then
another pair with progressive lenses for all around use, driving, walking,
etc. They said using progressives for taking pictures would be awkward and
not a good solution, especially when using something like a Rollei TLR.

What I wanted to know was what other bespectacled participants here have
found, and what works for you? Does having a pair with reading/close up
prescription help when taking pictures? Or would regular progressives be
fine?

Thanks,
Thor

<*> Your email settings: