[rollei_list] Re: [rolleiusers] Summary (OT: Enlargers/darkroom (again) (longish))

  • From: Per Einar Forberg <forberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 01:04:24 +0100

And he has published some photographic books, highly erotic content.
Which is why he more or less is a persona non grata of the photographic
society in Norway. He is a good photographer, but is considered to be far
to controversal.

Per Einar Forberg

Den 2. des. 2005 kl. 00.12 skrev Thor Legvold:

Replying to myself, the photographer's work i saw exhibited is Petter Hegre. Turns out he's pretty well known:

http://www.hegre-archives.com/

He's actually from here (Stavanger, Norway).

The stuff at the exhibition was very tastefull B&W, shot in Tuscany. Beautiful models, including his wife (he has good taste :-).
The stuff on the website is a bit more towards the erotic end of the spectrum.

Apparentl he makes a good living just by internet order/photography.

Sanders, maybe it's your turn to change careers..? ;-)

Cheers,
Thor

On 2 Dec, 2005, at 0:04, Thor Legvold wrote:

Once again,

thanks *very* much to all the people who contributed and gave me their
advice.

I spoke to the photographer this afternoon and closed the deal, will
drive up and pick up my 'new' DeVere 504 and the rest of the gear on
Saturday.

Later this evening I attended a photo exhibiton with some beautiful
prints of beautiful women. After admiring the compositions, lighting,
and great shape the models were in, I asked about the techniques used.
Hasselblad 500 series with original (old) digital back, Epson inkjet
printer. The prints were *really* nice, beautiful tones and loads of
detail, and many were huge (like 1.5 x 2 metres). I had a few
misgivings as to if I'm doing the right thing by paying money for a
traditional darkroom, but the feeling passed. Luckily.

I'm looking forward to Saturday :-).

Cheers,
Thor

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/2cIolB/TM