[rollei_list] Re: [rolleiusers] Re: Fillter holder systems

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 21:15:18 +0200

Thanks to all for the filter system suggestions.

I'm pretty set on Lee (or using an extra hand to hold the filter in front of the lens...), but have hit one snag.

The 90/4 (and 180/2.8 and 300/4) all have 95mm threads, but the Lee system fits outside the front of the lens. The outside size of all of these is Bay 104, which is larger than the Lee holder (100). I can't see that they have anything larger, and the standard holder would then have to either screw in to the 95 threads (without vignetting) and attach to the filter holder, or have a 104mm outer bayonet, with a step down adapter for Bay VI.

Can anyone who uses this system comment?

Cheers,
Thor

On 6 May, 2008, at 17:13, Ferdi Stutterheim wrote:

Thor,

I am using Lee. I first opted for Hi-Tech but they could not supply
the Bay VI adaptor and were unable to say how many months it would
take for them send me one. Those parts are sourced out. Lee had
theirs in stock. This is a point to consider. Ask when ordering. A
few hundred €/$ of filters and holders are completely useless without
the lens adaptor. Some people I have talked to feel Lee ND Grads are
the best. Lee takes "special orders" like a "81B to .6 ND Grad Hard".
It is best to order Lee filters straight from the factory in Andover,
U.K. They are used to taking orders. I had mine in 2 weeks. Getting
them through dealers was hopeless.

Best,
Ferdi.

Drachten,
Netherlands.

Op 4-mei-2008, om 23:28 heeft Thor Legvold het volgende geschreven:

There appear to be several companies selling filter holders (i.e. a
set of slots to mount on the lens to accept 100mm filters).

Lee
Hi-Tech
Tiffen
Cokin
others

Maybe even Rollei makes something like this, I don't know.

What I'd like to know, is what people finds works well with the
system 6000, for outdoor use (landscape, cityscape, etc), with both
Bay VI, 77mm (40/3.5 S-A) and 95mm (90/4 APO-Symmar).

I expect to use primarily graduated filters, perhaps a B&W color
filter once in a while, nothing more.

Cheers,
Thor

<*> Your email settings: