[rollei_list] Re: [rolleiusers] Argomania RAPID Loading System

  • From: Mark Kronquist <mak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:03:16 -0800

Europe's answer to 126. Jake at Blue Moon Camera has cassettes and cameras (NOS Cameras)

On Jan 12, 2010, at 11:57 AM, Don Williams wrote:

At 01:20 PM 1/12/2010, you wrote:
Help my memory on this please folks,
I think I have encountered 35mm film loaded in cassettes for some German camera where the film was pushed into another identical cassette on the receiving side. I think the film was 12 exposures, and that there was no central spindle or spool in either cassette.
Does this ring any bells with anyone?
All the best
Larry cuffe

Are you thinking about the Exakta?

I have an Exakta VXIIA which accepts cassettes on the take up end. It also has a sliding knife to cut the film just in front of the supply cassette and no central reel on either end.

In my case the take up reels are not cassettes but just very nice reels. I haven't used it for some time but do have the manual. Need more info? Email me off list and I can look it up.

I also have a lower end Exa which takes the same lenses and uses the same style take up reel.

This notion of cutting off exposed film must date from the days when the cost of film was a factor worth taking account of.

DAW