[rollei_list] Re: [rolleiusers] Argomania

  • From: Romeo <jamesromeo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:15:42 -0500

A ? For help

Sent from my iPod

On Jan 11, 2010, at 6:05 PM, Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  a friend has a hass 2000 focalplane it
needs some work can not find some one to work on it
Does eny one out there might know
Thanks
Apologies offered, Frank. This is just another example of US insularity. I try to be a citizen of the world, but the awful grip of national culture keeps dragging me back. :-(

Allen Zak

On Jan 11, 2010, at 1:19 AM, Frank Dernie wrote:

Hi Allen,
you should change your statement to "Every American photographer etc." I have been taking photographs since the early 60s and I had never heard of Argus until this thread. The quality cameras around here, if you could not afford Contax or Leica, were by Ilford, Agfa, Voigtlander and the Kodak retinas.
FWIW!
Frank

On 10 Jan, 2010, at 20:56, Allen Zak wrote:

Almost every photographer, amateur or professional who came up during the early to mid-1950s has at least some acquaintance with the Argus C series