[rollei_list] Re: [rolleiusers] Aperture

  • From: Bob Shell <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:42:15 -0400

On Thursday, October 20, 2005, at 03:33 PM, Todd Belcher wrote:

For almost the same price ($500 USD) you can get Photoshop. And your Mac already has iPhoto. So I actually do not see the point of this software.

It's for professional photographers. It allows you to do your entire workflow on an image and keep it in your camera's RAW file format. The original file is never changed, the software just stores and remembers the changes you have made. In this way it is like the late lamented Live Picture, which was in many ways superior to Photoshop (so Adobe bought it and killed it!). The pros I know are quite excited about it. I'll be reviewing it for DCM as soon as Apple has reviewer copies to send out. I don't like the price, though.

Bob