[rollei_list] Re: rolleiscanners

  • From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:38:12 -0800

I have no problems with scanning six 6 X 6 or three 6 X 9 negatives at a time with my Epson 4870, using the standard 120 carrier. You may be using the wrong setting in the Epson software. If you're using a 4870 or it's replacement, the 4990 the Epson 4870 Group on Yahoo should be able to help:

BTW, quality is fine for web display and for publication in my rather low tech neighborhood association newsletter. The few letter size prints I've made are also OK, although I make my "real"prints in a wet darkroom. My contact sheets however are all digital now--not worth setting up my darkroom for something so boring.

Bob Marvin
On Tuesday, December 20, 2005, at 11:02  PM, Peter J Nebergall wrote:

I am looking to scan in a large # of 6x6 negatives. My Epson Perfection
scanner, sharp as it is, cannot "find the image" on a lot of negatives
that have perfectly printable images. I don't know why.

--- Rollei List