[rollei_list] Re: rolleiflex flash

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:15:18 -0800

Jeff Kelley wrote:

Yes, Paramount will make you just about any kind of custom cord you need but these with the Rollei locking tip are stock items.

It looks like spare bayonet arms were once available according to this old catalog page:
http://www.wheeldon.plus.com/images/r18_copy.jpg

Does anyone know if these were used for accessories other than flash heads?

Elias, what type thread is that on your diagram?

-Jeff-

From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: rolleiflex flash
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:39:38 -0500

That's an excellent resource. The custom cords they offer are great.
Thank you,

Elias
On Jan 21, 2007, at 10:51 AM, Jeff Kelley wrote:

A standard PC sync cord should work fine, however, if you want the "Rollei locking" tip on one end, look at Paramount Cords.

http://www.paramountcords.com/categories.asp?cat=28

-Jeff-

From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 10:04:50 -0500

I have diagramed Jerry's flash shoe adapter. Jerry explained that the actual dimensions of his shoe are different from what I have illustrated - but otherwise close. I thought it'd be useful to share this with the group, it's from my own flickr page, but if it is deemed appropriate by the group I will post on the Rollei gallery:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/182/364030336_e738853176_o.jpg

Now for a flash cord... are these still available as new?

E.

On Jan 14, 2007, at 6:00 PM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

ERoustom wrote:
Might you be willing to share the technology, or at least a photo of your rig?

Thanks,

E.

On Jan 13, 2007, at 9:55 PM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

ERoustom wrote:
Has anyone attempted refitting the very well designed flash attachment for the Rolleiflex with a strobe? It seems possible, as the housing for the battery and electronics is as big as most modern flash guns. Just a thought. I wouldn't know where to begin, besides this notion, but maybe one of you has tried it?

Elias
---
Elias,

I certainly have done just that. It has worked very well.

Jerry

Elias,
It involves attaching the bayonet ring and the coiled "spring" to a machined adapter to take the shoe of a small flash unit. I have made several dozen devices such as that, when I can find any used Rollei flash units. I have made them for Bay I, II,and III.

Somewhere I have some photos. I will look for them.

Jerry Lehrer

Get Hilary Duff’s homepage with her photos, music, and more. http:// celebrities.live.com

FREE online classifieds from Windows Live Expo – buy and sell with people you know http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwex0010000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://expo.live.com?s_cid=Hotmail_tagline_12/06

Jeff,

No luck there, Jeff. The flash shown is the Rolleiflash 2 which jist uses a folding sheet metal bracket instead of the "spring"

Jerry