[rollei_list] Re: [rollei_list]: Rerapan 400 Testroll resutls from Rolleiflex 4x4...

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 18:30:23 -0800

  I like a couple of these very much. The kiosk reminds me of an American hot dog stand.
  I can't tell about sharpness from the computer images. If there is a slight, consistent, blurriness it may be the match between the taking and finder lenses. I have a couple of Rolleis with Xenars on them. The one on my Rolleicord IV seems to me to be unusually sharp. The other is on a Rolleiflex of the same vintage. Not so sure about that one.

On 3/6/2022 10:38 AM, Jan Decher wrote:

Here is the link to the first results with Rerapan 400 in my Rolleiflex 4x4 (Xenar 3.5/60mm):

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzEtes

Not so sure what to think of the Xenar’s performance. I am not impressed by the infinity sharpness.
The Rerapan 400 is ok, but ooks a little bit “muddied” in some exposures. Definitely no Neopan 400!

Would love to try a modern 127 color slide film in the 4x4 to test the lens’s performance, but there is none to be had right now. ReraChrome 100 can still be fund on several shop sites but seems to be “not available <https://www.macodirect.de/film/farbdiafilm/rera-chrome-100-rollfilm-127>" or "no longer manufactured <https://www.freestylephoto.biz/400127-ReraChrome-100-ISO-E6-Slide-Film-127-Size>”.
Jan

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

---
Rollei List

- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Online, searchable archives are available at