[rollei_list] Re: [rollei_list] Re: [rollei_list] Re: [rollei_list] Re: [rollei_list] Voigtländer/Rollei VSL3-E

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 01:06:24 -0300

 Chris Burck <chris.burck@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:
> i have wondered about the rolleinars for some time, as to whether they were
> just
> a rebadge of the lenses mamiya marketed with their own cameras.  the lens
> pictured in the link you provided is identical in appearance to the auto
> mamiya-
> sekor sx 135/2.8.  the only difference being, as far as i can tell, that the
> m42 auto
> mamiya-sekor sx line was not multi-coated (at least, the ones i own do not
> look like they are).

Yes, the Rolleinar 135/2.8 is the Mamiya-Sekor sx 135/2.8 design,
however multi-coated. Several Rolleinar/Mamiya lenses were made by
Rollei Optical Co. at Singapore up to 1981  according an agreement
Rollei-Mamiya. Claus Prochnow (the Rollei Report books author and
Rollei engineer for 37 years) wrote me in 2007:

" Hello Carlos
The Mamiya lenses are manufactured first in Japan, later in Singapore by
Rollei. It was sheaper than in Japan.
Kind regards
Claus"

I also have the Voigtländer Color Ultron AR 1.4/55mm  lens,
multicoated, this is the Rolleinar/Mamiya 1.4/55 MC labeled Color
Ultron for the Voigtländer cameras made by Rollei The Mamiya,
Rolleinar and Color Ultron versions are a copy from the CZ Planar
1.4/55mm made for the Contarex.