[rollei_list] Re: rollei_list Pentacon Six WLF

  • From: "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 13:03:35 -0600

Using a WL finder doesn't cure the problem: the screen itself is undersized, about 52x52mm.

A very big problem with the prism for the Pentacon 6 is that it shows an image that is, as I remember, less than 50mm x 50mm, which is less than 80% of the image. That was completely useless for me and I got rid of my Pentacon 6 TL.

Yes, I would agree with that. I use a metered prism on
my Pentacon 6 to get an acceptable viewing option, but
the WLF on the Exacta is like using a Rollei TLR with
a decent screen - a really delightful experience. And
you're right - the P6 WLF IS beautiful but useless.

Nick

--- Robert Marvin <marvbej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ANYTHING would be better than the Pentacon WLF,
beautiful looking (IMO)
but almost useless. FWIW my Arax 60 has a very good
WLF--because its a
close copy of the one on a late Rolleiflex TLR.
Although some late
model Kiev 60s come with a copy of a Hasselblad
WLF).

Bob Marvin