[rollei_list] Re: rollei_list Digest V8 #187

  • From: Dave Jenkins <djphoto@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 13:16:51 -0400

Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 22:49:56 -0700
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Friday for-sale
From: Peter Mattei <petermattei@xxxxxxxxx>

Dave,  Have you thought of giving this treasure trove a greater audience
and exposure by .pdf-ing the pages so that a digital copy could be made
available to the larger Rolleiphile population?  Maybe this would both
return you more lucre and allow us all to spread the cost across a wider
base. Just sayin'.
On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Dave Jenkins <djphoto@xxxxxxx> wrote:

**
A VERY RARE FIND FOR LOVERS OF ROLLEI PHOTOGRAPHY: *Photography with
Rolleiflex and Rolleicord*, a 20-page quarterly magazine edited by Dr.
Walther Heering. I have March, 1936 (volume 1, No.1), June, September, and
December, 1936, September and December, 1937, March and June, 1938, all
intact. I also have March and June 1937 complete but with loose covers.
June, September, and December 1938 are complete but have been bug-chewed.
All are readable and pictures are available. $195 for all includes postage
to CONUS and PayPal fees. My PayPal ID is djphoto@xxxxxxxx Contact me at
djphoto@xxxxxxxx

Kind regards,
Dave Jenkins
Peter, with all respect, why don't you buy my Rollei magazines and scan them? I have 13 magazines, which means scanning 260 pages. I'm not certain there would be enough of a return to justify the work, but if you think there might be, buy the mags and do it with my blessing.

For those who have expressed concerns, these magazines were published in Nazi Germany 74 or more years ago. I don't think copyright would be an issue.

Kind regards,
Dave Jenkins