[rollei_list] Re: rollei_list Digest V7 #201

  • From: gramario <gramario@xxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:58:30 +0200

Hallo,
At the risk of being deemed OT and incurring the wrath of long-standing and
esteemed members, I add a footnote to the scanning issue. Due to the valuable
comments posted on the forum, I am considering the pros and cons of a Beseler
enlarger (still in production) and the Pacific Image 6x6 (suggested by Kirk),
albeit the cost here is high, although perhaps not as high as losing my
precious decades-old negatives.
Strangely enough, I got an e-mail on the 19th of October from
hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx pointing out the merits of the Hasselblad
Flextight5 scanner. Part of the blurb states: "Hasselblad is commmited to both
worlds of photography - the analogue and the digital. Therewith, it is not
surprising that Hasselblad also offers some professional high-end scanners with
which it is possible to transfer analogic photos to the digital world in the
best quality." They also point out that many of the images which are most
precious to us do not orginate from the digital format. To process them into
digital with the maximum result possible a scanner is needed that guarantees
the highest possible resolution, independent of the original format, and that
moreover maintains the quality of the image absolutely intact. I must say it is
refreshing to hear a manufacturer talking about analogic at all. Of course, I
am still unsure as to whether this would solve my black and white and grain
question. I welcome comments if anyone knows more or has any test results re.
the scanners mentioned above.
Thanks,
gram