[rollei_list] Re: rollei_list Digest V7 #194

  • From: gramario <gramario@xxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:07:22 +0200

Many thanks indeed for the replies and interesting and informative discussion.
I must admit that my question was not aimed at resuscitating the film vs
digital debate. I largely use film, albeit I do have an Olympus digital for
"emergencies". I used to have a GR Ricoh, but the quality was so poor that I
tossed it into the back of a cupboard. My problem as Carlos, Kirk and William
focused on was really about three problems when creating the scanned image:
maintaining the quality; avoiding turning aesthetic grain into nasty digital
noise; and maintaining the kind of image you get in black and white film in the
digitalised image. The analyses and suggestions are much appreciated and give
me heart, and I shall be looking into them further.

Thanks again,

gram.