[rollei_list] Re: rollei_list Digest V5 #39

  • From: gram rupert <gramario@xxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:04:31 +0000

OK. Thanks again to everyone who is offering suggestions and ideas.

Here are answers as best I can give them.

I suppose I could try scanning another format (different film holder), and perhaps negative instead of transparency.

Thanks,
gram.

ANSWERS.

Austin. I tried scanning in a brightly lit room with the top open (set for transparency). When it starts, you see the image begin to appear, and it continues to unfold till the end and then I get the same message as before, i.e.:

"Document could not be located.
If there is no document on the document table, place
a document on the table and then try again.
If there is already a document on the document table, change the
Preview settings to Normal, then try again.

        for more information click on the Help button below.

Thor.

I can also confirm that the transparency backlight is plugged into
the lower part of the
scanner, and the light source in the bottom unit turns on when you
scan?

no. The backlight *in the bottom of the unit* should be off when you
scan. The additional backlight *in the lid of the scanner* should turn
on when you scan.

It might be that this is what you meant to say. If so, look to
Austin's suggestion.

If not, that might be your problem. The light should shine from the
scanner cover through the slides and be scanned by the sensors
underneath the glass.

It seems to me that the light above shines through.
The reflection made me think that that the light below was on, but I believe it to be off.

Bob asked if it scans a paper document. Yes, it does, and well.

Then the reflective function is working. Again, is the light in the
lid on when you scan?

Daw asked about the transparency illumination system, a question to
which I have already answered.

That's what I'm unsure about, as you said it lights up in the bottom
unit. It should light up in the lid, not in the bottom.

It does indeed light up in the lid.

Carlos,
The image DOES NOT appear for the preview mode (see reply above to Thor).

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:53:26 -0800 (PST)
From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Scanning hassle

Does the image appear for the preview mode?, if the image appears, do you mark the preview image before to press the scan icon?. The Epson scanning software is the same for the Perfection line with slight variations according the model, my Epson 4490 professional mode software looks identical regarding the window you showed, I guess your scanner works fine for the preview mode, otherwise you couldn't obtain an image; at least the Epson software in my scanner does not activate the "scan" button before you pre- scanned the image for the preview the preview image appears in a new window. If you can't obtain the preview image, I'm afraid something could be wrong with your scanner hardware as Austin and Thor wrote.-

I rarely use the Epson software, however it is a very good scanning software and I verified it again to write this message.